3. NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN: We are a general audience application, and do not direct any of our content at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that an App or Service user is under age 13 (the “Underage User ”), we will promptly delete any personal information in the Underage User’s account.
4. INFORMATION COLLECTION: In operating the App, Company may collect two types of information:
a. “Personally Identifiable Information ” and
b. “Non-Personally Identifiable Information .”
5. Personally Identifiable Information is personal information that identifies a specific user. When you engage in certain activities on the App, including, but not limited to, creating an account, submitting a search, performing a trade, requesting payment, entering a contest sponsored by us or our partners, filling out a survey, posting a review, sending us or our partners feedback, requesting information about our services, submitting an affiliate agreement, applying for a job, posting an image or video, or signing up for special offers from third parties through the App (collectively “Identification Activities ” or, in singular, “Identification Activity ”), we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself.
6. It is optional for you to engage in any Identification Activities. If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, however, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself including, but not limited to:
a. Email address;
b. Your first and last name;
c. Date of birth;
d. Phone number, including a mobile phone number or landline number;
e. Mailing address;
f. Financial information such as credit card numbers;
g. Payment or tax information, including, but not limited to, bank account information
h. User login and password information;
i. Facebook, Gmail, or other social media login username and password;
j. The name of the domain from which you access the Internet;
k. Search preferences including latitude and longitude of your location;
l. Street address of your location;
m. Pages you visit on our App;
n. The date and time you access the App and the duration time.
7. DEVICE INFORMATION. We may collect information about your mobile device, including, but not limited to, the hardware model, operating system and version, software, file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
9. When you order products or services, we may also ask you to provide us with your credit card, debit card, or financial account information. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary and some may be collected in the background in association with your account. IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE THE MANDATORY INFORMATION FOR A PARTICULAR ACTIVITY THAT REQUIRES SAID INFORMATION, YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ENGAGE IN THE ACTIVITY.
10. FINANCIAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION. The credit card or debit card information you provide in your personal profile is not stored by us, but is stored and used by our third party processors in order for them to process payment that you owe third parties for transportation services received by you.
11. TYPES OF NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not identify a specific End User. Non-Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to:
a. the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL ”) of the website you visited before coming to our App
b. the URL of the website you visit after leaving our App, the type of device you are using and your Internet Protocol (“IP ”) address
12. We may automatically collect Non-Personally Identifiable information when you visit our App through the use of electronic tools, such as Cookies. Through the use of such electronic tools, our servers automatically recognize visitors’ device and IP addresses. No personal information about you is revealed in the process of using such electronic tools. The App may also gather anonymous traffic and usage data that does not personally identify you, but gathering anonymous traffic and usage data may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer. The App may also gather searches that you submit, including geolocation data relevant to the search.
14. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. We use Personally Identifiable Information to provide our Service and App to you including, but not limited to, administering sweepstakes and contests, enhancing the operation of the App and the Service, improving our marketing and promotional efforts, analyzing the App and the Service use, improving our product and service offerings, and tailoring your experience with third parties consistent with this Policy and the Terms of Service. In some examples, if you send an email to the Company’s customer service representative we may use your comments and feedback to tell others about our services and may post your comment in our marketing materials or on our App when consistent with the Terms. Your comments may contain personal information. We will obtain consent from you to post your name along with your comment prior to posting your comment to other visitors of the App and users of the Service, or the general public. In addition, if you use our App or Service to send information to another person, we may store your personal information.
15. We may also use Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, resolve disputes, accomplish administrative tasks, contact you, enforce our agreements with you, including our Terms of Service and this Policy, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities.
16. WE WILL NOT SHARE, SELL, RENT, OR TRADE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH ANY THIRD PARTIES WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT, EXCEPT AS NECESSARY TO PROVIDE YOU WITH SERVICES OFFERED BY US, TO COMPLY WITH THE LAW, OR FOR THE SPECIFIC REASONS BELOW. WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO:
a. verify your identity;
b. check your qualifications;
c. or to follow up with transactions initiated on the App or via the Service.
17. We may also use your contact information to inform you of any changes to the App or the Service, or to send you additional information about our Company.
18. MEMBERS. We may share your information with other OROGAMIS users. Your App account allows you to manage your public profile information, which may be shared with other users. Only the information that you choose to share will be visible to others. In some cases we will display your username or shared public profile name (if you’ve listed one) to identify you to other members who you have engaged with in a transaction.
19. RATINGS. In order to encourage good behavior and facilitate accountability, we may institute a rating system whereby other users may rate their experience with you. WE MAY SHARE YOUR RATING HISTORY. We may also collect aggregate data including, but not limited to:
a. how many transactions you have performed; and
b. how many complaints have been received regarding your account activity.
20. We may DISPLAY this data related to RATINGS in a way that allows other users to help them determine how to use the App or the Service and how they choose to interact with others via the App or the Service.
21. THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third party service providers. We provide services and products through third parties. These third party service providers perform functions on our behalf. Other third party service providers may offer compatible services to our users. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such service providers for a variety of features of the App or the Service including, but not limited to:
a. fulfilling orders;
b. delivering packages;
c. sending postal mail or email;
d. administering contests;
f. removing repetitive information on customer lists;
g. analyzing data;
h. providing marketing assistance;
i. providing search results and links;
j. processing credit card or debit card payments;
k. operating the App or the Service;
l. troubleshooting and providing customer service.
22. We may also share your Personally Identifiable Information with third party service providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. For example, when you order a service, we release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for the Service and, if applicable, release your address to the delivery service to deliver the Service. Likewise, we may release a third party company’s information to our bank to send out a payment. We encourage third party service providers to adopt and post privacy policies.
a. Payment processing services for users on the App are provided by Stripe, Inc. (“Stripe”) and are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service (collectively, the “Stripe Services Agreement”). By agreeing to this agreement or continuing to operate the App, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of OROGAMIS enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide OROGAMIS accurate and complete information about you and your business, and you authorize OROGAMIS to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe.
23. We may disclose information required by Stripe to process payment following a transaction including, but not limited to, a user’s: name, address, date of birth, the last four digits of their social security number, bank name, bank account number and transit number.
24. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE ACTIONS OF THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. The use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such parties, however, is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
26. Information used for remarketing purposes will not be used by third parties for any other purpose.
27. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER. YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION MAY BE TRANSFERRED TO – AND MAINTAINED ON – COMPUTERS LOCATED OUTSIDE OF YOUR STATE, PROVINCE, COUNTRY, OR OTHER GOVERNMENTAL JURISDICTION WHERE THE PRIVACY LAWS MAY NOT BE AS PROTECTIVE AS THOSE IN YOUR JURISDICTION. IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND CHOOSE TO PROVIDE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO US, WE MAY TRANSFER YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND PROCESS IT THERE. YOUR CONSENT TO THIS POLICY FOLLOWED BY YOUR SUBMISSION OF SUCH PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION REPRESENTS YOUR AGREEMENT TO THAT TRANSFER.
28. NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to display content according to your preference, analyze our App and Service traffic, troubleshoot, administer the App and the Service, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis. We may also share this Non-Personally Identifiable Information with our authorized third party service providers and partners to measure the overall effectiveness of our App, Service, content, and programming.
29. PARTNERS. We may disclose or share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with partners, affiliates, and advertisers. In some examples, we may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any Personally Identifiable Information) with third party service providers that help us analyze our business. We also use third party service providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our users to administer our App and improve its quality. We may also publish this information for promotional purposes or as a representative audience for advertisers. Please note that this is not Personally Identifiable Information, only general summaries of the activities of our users. Such data is collected on our behalf, and is owned and used by us.
30. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. We may disclose information, including potentially Personally Identifiable Information, if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
a. conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Company or its parent company, subsidiaries, or affiliates;
b. protect and defend the rights or property of Company of the users of the App or the Service; and
c. act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users
of the App or the Service; or
d. to enforce or apply the Policy or our Terms of Service.
32. UPDATING INFORMATION. You may update your own Personally Identifiable Information that is editable on your account on our App or used through our Service. Unfortunately, we do not maintain any procedures for you to review or request changes to the Non-Personally Identifiable Information or other Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through your interaction with our Service but not directly through an accessible form. Because we keep a record of all transactions, you CANNOT DELETE INFORMATION associated with PAST TRANSACTIONS of the App or by using the Service. Additionally, copies of data may temporarily retain information about users as a regular course of Company’s data protection and disaster prevention and recovery practices. 33. ANTI-PHISHING. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Company. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. Company does not and will not, at any time, request your payment information or financial account information, your account ID, password, or national identification numbers in a unsecure or unsolicited email or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov.
34. SECURITY. The App has industry standard security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. We recommend that you maintain strict and confidential passwords for your account at all times.
35. Beyond our reasonable efforts to maintain security measures, we cannot make assurances about any loss or misuse to you or any third party arising out of any breach of security or loss, misuse, or alteration of information.
36. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The App may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the content and privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies. We ask that you do not click on any suspicious links or advertisements and promptly report to us if you encounter any suspicious content.
37. NOTICE OF PRIVACY RIGHTS TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. California law, if applicable, may require that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “Act ”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by the Act, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the App or the Service and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law may require us to inform you, at your request:
a. the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with;
b. the names and addresses of those third parties; and
c. examples of the products marketed by those companies.
38. The Act further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email to email@example.com.
39. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, username, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with affiliated businesses or marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
40. DEVICE PERMISSIONS. Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent, and these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time our App wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the App seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the App constitutes your consent. Occasionally, permissions we request will change over time.
41. CONTACT. If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.